Perth’s Young Creative Writer of the Year Award is a prestigious competition which encourages and inspires children to exercise their creative muscles and write a story in 500 words. We are looking for neat writing, imaginative and original ideas, great structure and use of literary techniques. 1st place wins a special prize and the exclusive Perth’s Young Creative Writer of the Year Winner’s trophy, as well as $100 worth of books for their school. 2nd and 3rd place will also win a prize. Special judges to be announced soon!!!
This year’s theme:
OLD AND NEW!
Stories must be based around this theme. Entrants can manifest this in their own individual way as long as a link can be established by the judging panel.
Have YOU entered yet?
Conditions of Entry
- Entries must be the entrant’s original work and must be received by My Academy by the 1st June
- Entry is open to all children in years 2-7 who reside in or attends school in Perth. Years will be grouped into (2,3 and 4) and (5,6 and 7) for judging.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry form. No names on the entry itself please.
- Limit of one entry per child.
- Length of story must not exceed 500 words.
- Entries must be hand written.
- Entries must be posted or dropped in to My Academy:Suite 9/ 1 Leura Avenue, Claremont, WA 6010
Perth’s Young Creative Writer of the Year Award 2013 visits local schools
This year My Academy is offering free creative writing workshops for schools in Perth. My Academy’s fantastic tutors will be visiting schools in the run up to the competition close date running exciting interactive creative writing workshops based on this year’s theme of ‘Old and New’. These workshops are designed to complement the curriculum, help children to develop their creative ideas and explore characterization and setting. The activities within the session provide an excellent opportunity for pupils to relate the skills they have been working on in class by applying them to new, imaginative scenarios. If you have any questions regarding these sessions, or If you are a teacher and would like to book workshops please contact or send a completed booking form (below) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell your friends
Get your friends involved in the competition- you can pick up an extra entry form from the front desk or request one by emailing: email@example.com